Gina & Ed are engaged!

A few weeks ago, I met up with Gina and Ed at Fort Tryon Park here in NYC. Gina was worried about being in front of a camera, but she turned out to be a natural! It was great practice for their wedding day, which is coming up in a couple of weeks. They are such a great couple, who are obviously very much in love.

Here's the story of how they met in Ed's own words:
So my sister had another one of her improv performances in the West Village and since I had missed the last two, I really had to go this one. Afterwards, I tagged along as my sister and her friends headed to the bar around the corner. I met Gina when she moved in on my plate of Buffalo wings. As we devoured the plate, we talked about my recent trip to Italy and her relatives there. We flirted for a while, but when I walked her to the subway and sneaked a kiss at the turnstile, I knew she was something special.

And here's how they got engaged, as told by Gina:
In December 2007, we really needed a break from New York City and headed down to Florida. We were sitting on the beach, when I noticed Ed fumbling around. I glanced over and shot him a “what are you doing?” face as he got down on one knee. And when he said, “Gina, will you be my wife?” I was so stunned that I just kept repeating “Are you serious?” Ed looked concerned as he assured me that he was. I smiled, got a bit misty eyed and said, “Yeah! Of course I’ll marry you!”














Congratulations Gina & Ed! I can't wait for your wedding day - only two more weeks to go!

No comments: