Sara & Josh

I met up with Sara and Josh a couple of weekends ago at Central Park. Sara & Josh traveled down to NYC from Boston for their engagement shoot.

3

They have a really funny story of how they got together. Here it is in Sara's words:

We went on our first date during the summer of 2004 after we exchanged a few messages on MySpace. We went to see Napoleon Dynamite and got pizza and ice cream in Cambridge. I thought he was cute in a geeky sort of way and thought to myself we'd be better off as friends. As the evening drew to a close, he walked me to my door and gave me an unexpected kiss goodnight. A few weeks later, I developed a horrendous sore throat and was diagnosed with Mononucleosis. I got in touch with Josh (after not speaking to him since the date), and he disclosed that he had Mono not too long ago. Somehow we bonded over our shared symptoms, and over the course of the next year became inseparable (but only as friends, as I had gotten back with my ex-boyfriend). Throughout that time, my grandmother would always ask me why I wasn't dating Josh since I would talk about him more than my then boyfriend. Not long after my ex-boyfriend and I separated for good, I decided to take the plunge from friends to more than friends and told Josh how I felt about him. Luckily he felt the same way and the rest is history!

5

I got to spend a few hours walking around the park and getting to know them. Despite the fact they said they hate PDA, I did my best to make them kiss in every location! They were good sports and the photos turned out great. I can't wait to shoot their wedding next summer at Harvest on Hudson in Westchester!

4

Here's the story of how Josh proposed... so sweet!

It was our 3 year anniversary and he took me out for a fancy dinner. I'll admit I had been dropping hints about getting married, but I wasn't expecting anything. We returned from dinner and I announced I was going to bed. Josh said he was going to stay up and keep packing (we were in the process of moving to a house). I fell asleep and then awoke an hour or two later to him getting in bed. He had left the hall light on and I kindly asked him to turn it off. He said that it was fine and we should just go to sleep - knowing that I'd never be able to sleep with a light on somewhere in our house. I grumpily stumbled out of bed and noticed that there was soft classical music playing and the dining room had been completely cleared of moving boxes. On the dining room table was a lamp with a ring underneath, next to a note that said "You Win". Needless to say I was in shock as well as half asleep! I almost thought I was dreaming. After I requested that he ask me the proper way, I of course said yes. I'm not sure how I eventually got back to sleep that night!

Here are some more of my favorites!

1

6

2

7

No comments: